Subject: Re: INN and suck
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/22/2003 19:33:28
On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:21:28PM -0700, Rick Kelly wrote:

> Has anyone here set up INN with suck to get news from a remote server?
>
> The suck man pages and README file seem to be missing a lot of
> important documentation.

You noticed that too, huh?

I've got a pair of scripts I use for pulling and pushing mail. They
total up to over 100 and something lines in size, so I just send
them to anyone who wants them.

The punch line of the "pull" script is this piece of script:

SUCKDIROPTS="-dd $DATADIR -dm $BATCHDIR -dt $TMPDIR"

function run_suck {
   suck $FEEDSERVER -bi $BATCHFILE -i 0 -c -H -q $SUCKDIROPTS

   CODE=$?
   if [ $CODE -gt 0 ]; then
      echo "suck exited with code $CODE"
   fi

   if [ -f $BATCHFILE ]; then
      cp $BATCHFILE $BATCHFILE_SAVE
   fi

   if [ -f $BATCHFILE ]; then
      innxmit $LOCALSERVER $BATCHFILE

      CODE=$?
      if [ $CODE -gt 0 ]; then
         echo "innxmit exited with code $CODE"
      fi
   fi
}

"Oh, I've heard that paradox a couple of times, but there's something
about a cat dying and I hate to think of such things."
  - Dr. Donald Knuth speaking of Schrodinger's cat, December 8, 1999, MIT