Subject: 'gnome2-session' problem
To: NetBSD-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Redlich <m-redlich@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/20/2003 18:11:20
Hi NetBSD-users,

two days ago I installed a fresh NetBSD 1.6 (i386) on a machine right
here. After having installed some base packets, I wanted to install and
test the Gnome2-Packets which are included in the pkgsrc-collection.

I installed gnome-session (which is 2.0.8, I think) and other required
packets from /usr/pkgsrc/x11 .

My .xinitrc file contains just one line: "exec gnome2-session".
After executing 'startx' XFree starts and the gnome2-logo appears on my
screen - but nothing else happens. This means I just have the gnome logo
but the gnome-desktop and other things are not started - I cannot do
anything.

I know this is very few information, but I do not have much more output
(that is my problem). I tried to get some more information with "X >
/dev/null 2>&1 ..." and something like that, but it was not very useful.

Does anybody know this problem?
Any ideas how I could get more output?
Did I do something wrong/missing?

Thanks in advance,