Subject: Re: windows X server?
To: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/17/2003 09:48:59
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 12:19:02PM -0500, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> This is slightly off-topic, but related...  My daughter wants to use
> various X applications on a NetBSD box.  Her machine is running Win98.
> What are some choices for an X server?  Cygwin, the obvious answer, has
> proved unstable.)

Have you eliminated VNC as an option?  On a local network speed is quite
good, IMHO.  She would also get the added benefit of being able to reconnect
to her session if the machine reboots, gets shutdown or whatever.

At one point you could get the MicroImages X Server for free.  You can still
find the original zip file if you look around enough.  It is fairly old by
now and I'm not sure it will be acceptable for your needs any longer.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22mix.zip%22+X+server

-Andrew