Subject: Re: USB device has to be inserted at boot time to be recognized
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: George Michaelson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/15/2003 16:06:42
I don't have an external hub handy but I'll try this and see when I can get
one. Of course, I now find that the USB port on the side of the laptop says:

# usbdevs -v
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered

so maybe there is something about hub initialization which isn't being done