Subject: Re: apache web counter modules
To: Carleton, Sam (SCI TW) <Sam_Carleton_TW@stercomm.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/14/2003 18:14:18
Hi !

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Carleton, Sam (SCI TW) wrote:
> Does anyone know of an Web Counter that is an Apache module?  The feature I
> am looking for is a counter that will count ALL traffic to my server.  I am
> going to be hosting web sites for other people and I would like to gather
> static's.   Mostly things like unique hits, browser type, OS.  I want this
> to be something that works regardless of what the web site does, so I am
> thinking that it will have to be a Apache module that runs as a filter.

http://modules.apache.org/ has several modules, but i don't know if there is
something suitable for you.

On the other hand, you can do _EVERYTHING_ with mod_perl, and to go lowlevel,
programming modules in C looks not extremely different (but maybe easier in
perl with mod_perl).

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX