Subject: Re: being able to ssh to a netBSD machine
To: Wojciech Puchar <>
From: Tld <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/12/2003 13:26:50
Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> add
> sshd=YES
> to /etc/rc.conf

And, after that, either reboot or

/etc/rc.d/sshd start

to start it.

This permanently (until you do "/etc/rc.d/sshd stop", or remove the
"sshd=YES" line and reboot) enables sshd on your machine.
If you want a non-permanent setting (like, you need sshd only for that
specific time and not at every reboot) you might consider doing

sshd=YES ; /etc/rc.d/sshd start

from a sh-compatible shell (don't know about csh). I hope I remembered this
one right `:|

--- TLD
"Oh, how uncomfortable that word must feel on your lips: evil.
  Good...there is no good, there is no evil. There is only flesh,
  and the patterns to which we submit it." [Pinhead]