Subject: Re: fetchmail-6.2.0 from pkgsrc
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Schamil Wackenhut <sw@wacke.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2003 11:45:36
--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

* Alistair Crooks meinte:

> > Ok solved! just add=20
> >=20
> > GNU_MAKE=3DYES
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D    --disable-nls
> >=20
> > to the Makefile, i've read about broken fetchmail in pkgsrc, where can i
> > submit the solving of this problem?
>=20
> I've just built and installed fetchmail without either of your
> modifications on NetBSD/i386 1.6L

Hmm i always got error in the intl directory ...

> I'm surprised that GNU_MAKE made a difference, since the definition we
> have always used in pkgsrc is USE_GMAKE.

=3D) Sorry i saw it later, but i does compile with GNU_MAKE=3DYES too ;)

> However, this looks like a buildlink problem (which has been fixed in
> the meantime, as I was able to build this fine), which disabling nls
> would work around by not building the library, rather than fixing.=20

Hmm i've read the FAQ for fetchmail
(http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-FAQ.html)
and as described in B4 (I get build failures in the intl directory)
you have to configure with --disable-nls and recompile

> I suppose my advice to you is to update and try again.

Hmm i updated already, but maybe i do something wrong?
cd /usr/pkgsrc/; cvs update -dP mail/fetchmail; cd mail/fetcmail; make

Is that ok?

sw
--=20
find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \;

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk--