Subject: Re: fetchmail-6.2.0 from pkgsrc
To: Schamil Wackenhut <sw@wacke.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2003 10:30:31
On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 09:07:15PM +0100, Schamil Wackenhut wrote:
> * Schamil Wackenhut meinte:
>
> > Hm now i have another problem, this time `fetchmail'
> > when i try 'make install' in mail/fetchmail i got the error message:
> >
> > cd intl; make
> > make: don't know how to make libintl.@l@a. Stop
> >
> > make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/fetchmail/work/fetchmail-6.2.0/intl
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > what can i do in such case?
>
> Ok solved! just add
>
> GNU_MAKE=YES
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=    --disable-nls
>
> to the Makefile, i've read about broken fetchmail in pkgsrc, where can i
> submit the solving of this problem?

I've just built and installed fetchmail without either of your
modifications on NetBSD/i386 1.6L

I'm surprised that GNU_MAKE made a difference, since the definition we
have always used in pkgsrc is USE_GMAKE.

However, this looks like a buildlink problem (which has been fixed in
the meantime, as I was able to build this fine), which disabling nls
would work around by not building the library, rather than fixing. I
suppose my advice to you is to update and try again.

Regards,
Alistair