Subject: Re: DMAXUSER & Log file boot
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=E9gory?= Miara <gmiara@ina.fr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2003 10:08:39
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, [iso-8859-1] Gr=E9gory Miara wrote:

> How can I change the value of DMAXUSER variable?

Set the "maxusers" in your kernel configuration. Then run config(8) with
the name of your kernel configuration file. Then your new Makefile (under
the compile directory) will have this set.

Or consider setting the kern.maxproc sysctl with sysctl(8).

I have questions for others:

Why isn't "maxusers" explained in the config or options documentation?

It should be explained under /usr/share/doc/smm/02.config/ too (but that
is empty). This is "Building 4.4BSD Kernels with Config" (SMM:2).

Where is the documentation for using "maxusers" with three parameters?

I am send-pr'ing this.

> I would like to know if a log file of boot exist?

/var/run/dmesg.boot

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/