Subject: Re: imap-uw w/ ssl
To: Schamil Wackenhut <sw@wacke.org>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2003 17:57:28
Hi !

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Schamil Wackenhut wrote:
> edit my /etc/inetd.conf like it is described in faq (imap, imaps etc)
> restarted inetd, but it looks like imap-uw supports no ssl:
> $ nc kasten 143
> * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN] \
>  KASTEN.wackes.netz IMAP4rev1 2002.334 at Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:49:32 +0100 (CET)

Without certificates... no. See next.

> When i try to create a crtificate for imapd
> ( openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out imapd.pem -keyout imapd.pem -days 3650 )
> i get an error message:

Did you configure your openssl.cnf correctly? The error message even looks like
no config file exists at all.

I had running imap-uw a while ago with SSL enabled (as pine likes it :), i
switched over to cyrus now. Never had problems with all this.

...Michael

--
http://www.unixiron.org/    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX