Subject: installing arts-1.0.4 via pkgsrc fails on netbsd 1.5
To: Netbsd-Users \(E-mail\) <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gurujiwan Khalsa <gkhalsa@brightmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/07/2003 18:19:50
Hi,

I am trying to install kde3 from pkgsrc on i386, running 1.5.  First time
around, make crashed through no fault of it's own.  Second time, I got this
error when it tried to install arts-1.0.4:

| => Checksum mismatch for arts-1.0.4.tar.bz2.
| Make sure the Makefile and checksum file (/usr/pkgsrc/audio/arts/distinfo)
| are up to date.  If you want to override this check, type
| "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop.

OK.  Since I didn't care, I skipped the checksum, and after a very long time
of compiling, I got this:

| ===> Returning to build of arts-1.0.4
|
| bzcat: Compressed file ends unexpectedly;
|     	  perhaps it is corrupted?  *Possible* reason follows.
| bzcat: Inappropriate ioctl for device
|      	  Input file = (stdin), output file = (stdout)
|
| It is possible that the compressed file(s) have become corrupted.
| You can use the -tvv option to test integrity of such files.
|
| You can use the `bzip2recover' program to *attempt* to recover
| data from undamaged sections of corrupted files.
|
| /usr/bin/tar: archive - EOF not on block boundary
| *** Error code 3
|
| Stop.
| *** Error code 1
|
| Stop.

I'm fairly new to pkgsrc.  I supected that I might need to upgrade the
pkgsrc program, so I scanned the chapter on pkgsrc in Frederico Lupi's
guide, but I'm still not sure. At any rate, how can I fix this?

Thank You,
Gurujiwan