Subject: Re: telnetd core
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Bruno Saverio Delbono <Bruno.S.Delbono@Mail.AC>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2003 10:37:18
Hi Wojciech,

At 09:52 AM 1/5/2003 +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > > Subject: Re: telnetd core
> > >
> > > now there's -g compiled telnetd on server - waiting for another core
> >
> > If you did not change any code between the time you compiled without
> > '-g' and now when you have used '-g' then you don't have to wait for
> > another core dump -- the existing core file will work just fine with the
> > new un-stripped binary that was compiled with '-g'.
>i think i didn't change anything but i'm not sure

If you have an un-stripped telnetd (with -g), and a telnet.core, you can:

1) produce a good backtrace on where telnetd died.
2) produce a human readble (-X flag IIRC) with tcpdump and send it to the list.

Kind regards,

-bruno

Our company accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for
the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information
provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that
disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
                        http://www.wf0.com