Subject: Re: bridge+packet filtering
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David S. <davids@idiom.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/30/2002 19:32:39
> >I saw NetBSD 1.6 supports NICs bridging.
> >IS it possible to enable bridge between 2 NICs and filtering at layer 3
> >using ipf ?
> >I was used to do it on OpenBSD, but I want to try if the same wors for
> >NetBSD, in the case I will replace my OpenBSD box with a NetBSD box.
>
> A timely question, one which I was going to ask in a week or two!
>
> And, if the answer is yes, which man pages cover it?

The 'bridge' man page on 1.6 and -current reads

	The bridge driver currently does not support snooping via bpf(4) or
	transparent filtering.

So does that mean you can filter on a bridge with IP addresses assigned
to the interfaces (a "non-transparent" bridge?), or does it mean that
you can't filter on a bridge at all?

David S.