Subject: vid pkg working?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/2002 16:32:28
Is there anyone, for whom the vid package is working?

I recently got a OV511+ based webcam (OV7620 sensor) and get
zero bytes out of the isochronous USB endpoint. No picture.
It just hangs on read(2).

So, is this package broken by implementation (in which case
we could remove it from pkgsrc) or is it just my camera?

If it works for you, could you please tell me, what kind
of camera you've got or which local patches made it work?

Thank you.

Btw. we really need a video API, bktr(4) is fine, but we need
a more general API, just like V4L. There are tons of webcams
out there. We have no support for them and no framework to
put it in...

--
Tom