Subject: Re: RAID tuning
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/2002 23:20:15
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:20:02PM -0600, Greg Oster wrote:
> [...]
> Yes.  Note that the queue type (and size) is not stored in the component
> labels, so if you're using autoconfig, then it will automatically use fifo,
> and you won't be able to change it. (yes, that's a bug, and yes, it's on my
> TODO list, and no, there hasn't been a lot (read: any) demand to fix that
> bug yet :-} )

So
'fifo 100'
is lost at autoconfig ?
This is unfortunate; with scsi disks doing tagged queuing you want much more
than 100 concurent commands ...
Would be nice if this was fixed ... and would be nice if raictl allowed to
change it on the fly, without need to unconfig/config the RAID :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>