Subject: Re: apache troubles
To: None <vodka@intoxicate.us>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2002 00:01:17
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 vodka@intoxicate.us wrote:

> I've been having the same problem, ever since I started using NetBSD
> (which was around 1.4), over and over.  For some reason I cant compile
> Apache from source, I always get something like:
>
> /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache2/work/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-0.so:
> undefined reference to `db_create'
> /usr/pkgsrc/www/apache2/work/httpd-2.0.43/srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil-0.so:
> undefined reference to `db_strerror'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> *** Error code 1
>
> This has happened everytime I compiled Apache (even back in the 1.3.x
> days), and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I know there are
> people out there who have it working.  What do I need to do to get it to
> work?  Do I need to update anything?  Maybe libtool or something?  I'm
> running NetBSD 1.6.

We may need more information for the above error. Did the gcc use the
correct system libraries (and system library directories)? Or what was the
libtool line for that?

I have a copy of the output of the last time I built httpd-2.0.43
in October and I don't see that ".libs/libaprutil" anywhere.

If you record all your ./configure output and make output maybe you can
see where the problem is. (If you want, you can compare with mine.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/