Subject: Re: Thoughts on WEB-search tools
To: None <>
From: Todd Gruhn <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/12/2002 01:37:46
Beaker mentioned "surfraw" which is in the package
system. I was impressed by the -p0rn option (I assume
it mean filter/don't filter porn) and the number of
SEs it queries. However I did not see:
BEAUCOUP, Lycos,Profusion, WiseNut,, and Kartoo.

Can these be added as part of the configuration?
I did a search of the PERL WWW::Search::* subclasses on
CPAN and found many of these plus I found
WWW::Search::Scraper::Response, a generic scraper response
class that looks useful for stuff not yet defined...
Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at

One click access to the Top Search Engines