Subject: Re: NetBSD-based DNS registrar (and shopping from NetBSD supporters)
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Bruno Saverio Delbono <bruno.delbono@devil.lucifer.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/04/2002 12:16:37
At 07:45 AM 12/4/2002 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>I am looking for a DNS registrar. I already have a list that many users
>have suggested/promoted. But some say over 1,000,000 domains ordered and
>the number one registrar of 2002. I am hoping my few dollars will go to
>someone who could use it.

That's a very good advocacy thing to do, but IMHO this is something an ISP
can't really bank on. Think about it, it wouldn't bring in ^many^ new
customers by declaring that a registrar uses only NetBSD or any other OS
for that matter. It would simply segregate the other customers who like
Windows for example. Anyway such advertising has both its pros and cons.

My favorite and cheapest domain name registrar is/are:

1) www.mydiscountdomains.com or www.DomainTransfer.us
2) http://www.gandi.net/ - Its French, but very reliable.

Anyway, everyone would have their favorites.

As for a DNS registrar, I've found:

1) http://www.zoneedit.com - The ^most^ reliable and efficient out there!
Bloody amazing service and a great tech support!
2) http://soa.granitecanyon.com/ - Free 'n good. A bit bizarre an interface
but simple if you know named zone files.

Kind Regards,

-Bruno

--
Execute every act of thy life as though it were thy last.
                 -- Marcus Aurelius