Subject: HELP: su: setting user context: Invalid argument
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Fox <eric@fox.phoenix.az.us>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/22/2002 12:10:35
For the life of me I can't figure this one out. I'm having a bit of a
problem with three NetBSD systems (1.5.1 & 1.5.2)  when su'ing to root:

  bsd005(foxe): su -
  Password:
  su: setting user context: Invalid argument
  bsd005(foxe):

I can su to other accounts, just not to root.

Currently my 1.5.3 systems appear to be okay, it's just the three older
machines.  This even occures when logging in as root on the console.  So
for the moment, I no longer have root on either of these three boxes
without booting to single-user, which still seems to work okay, but the
'context' problem comes back as soon as the system boots to multi-user.

What really snows me is that this has begun on three systems at the same
time and it really doesn't seem to matter where I login from or which
wheel group account I use to su to root.

Please, any help ANYONE can provide will be VERY much appreciated!!!

--
  /\---/\  Eric J Fox
 /  o o  \ http://fox.phoenix.az.us