Subject: Re: "upgrading" pkgsrc with lower version?
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2002 13:01:18
Hi !

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Rasputin wrote:
> > is it possible to "upgrade" to lower version of pkgsrc? i accidentaly
> > have one computer with -current version of pkgsrc and some programs
> > don't compile ("stable" version is ok) - does anyone have some
> > experience with this?
>
> There isn't a stable/current split in pkgsrc AFAIK - it's all current.
>
> It's possible to get CVS to checkout source trees based on timestamps,
> if that's what you mean?

Yes, works without any problems:

cvs checkout -D 27-Jun-2002 pkgsrc

I just needed this yesterday for some modifications in a package :)

The other possibility: If you used the distribution-pkgsrc to build the
packages, you can easily use this base again.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX