Subject: Re: matlab on NetBSD/i386: success
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/12/2002 17:57:53
Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org> wrote:

> More about running Linux Matlab on NetBSD/i386: I have been able to run it
> with the full GUI on NetBSD-1.6_BETA5. I've tried a few demos, nothing seems
> broken.

> 8) Tell Matlab to use jdk118_v1
> cd <matlab>/sys/java/jre/glnx86/
> rm jre
> ln -sf <jdk118_v1> ./jre
>
> 9) Be brave! Use jdk118_v3 classes with jdk118_v1.
> mkdir <matlab>/java/patch
> cd <matlab>/java/patch
> unzip <jdk118_v3>/lib/classes.zip

Emmanuel, thanks for your detailed instructions.  They were very
helpful, and I seem to be on the right track.  However, I still can't
get the desktop to start.  I receive an error:

 Failed to start the Desktop: Failure loading desktop class

Maybe you encountered the same problem and could give me a hint?

Thanks!
-Jan

--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."