Subject: Timers associated with Fragmentation and reassembly.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gurubaran T- CTD, Chennai. <Gurut@ctd.hcltech.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/05/2002 11:49:04
hi all,
         I am a newbie. I need to know the various timers associated with
fragment reassembly. Also if possible timers assocaited with IP input. I am
using a OS warppers for timers developed in c++ for the stack ( NetBSD stack
with some of the OS stuff freed from the OS ). The stack is up and when i
ping with packets ( larger than MTU )that require fragmentation and
reassembly, one out of every five requests gets timed out. whereas this is
not the case with packets whose size is less than the MTU.

with regards
Gurubaran T

Disclaimer:

This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient only.  If
you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside in this
document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy, use or
otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.