Subject: Audio (Intel ICH integrated AC'97) in NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2002 04:41:18
I'm trying to put my sound card to work with NetBSD.

I was reading The NetBSD Guide and I saw audio chipsets integrated with
motherboard must add this funcionality, because is disable in GENERIC:

--
# Plug-and-Play BIOS and attached devices

pnpbios*        at mainbus?

# mainboard audio chips
ess*            at pnpbios? index ?     # ESS AudioDrive
sb*             at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in sb mode
wss*            at pnpbios? index ?     # NeoMagic 256AV in wss mode
ym*             at pnpbios? index ?     # OPL3-SA3
--

I recompiled my kernel and the result in dmesg is:

--
Silicon Integrated System product 0x7012 (audio multimedia, revision 0xa0)
at pci0 dev 2 function 7 not configured

After enable all sound cards support in kernel, I've got this audio0, at
aria0. If I just enable the "Intel ICH integrated AC'97", I've got this:

--
Silicon Integrated System product 0x7012 (audio multimedia, revision 0xa0)
at pci0 dev 2 function 7 not configured
Silicon Integrated System product 0x7012 (audio multimedia, revision 0xa0)
at pci0 dev 2 function 7 not configured
--

I don't know what's wrong, but even with this audio0 at aria0, the sound
doesn't work.

What's wrong?

Thanks for helping...