Subject: Re: Audio (Intel ICH integrated AC'97) in NetBSD
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/28/2002 08:48:08
Hi !

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> I'm trying to put my sound card to work with NetBSD.
> I was reading The NetBSD Guide and I saw audio chipsets integrated with
> motherboard must add this funcionality, because is disable in GENERIC:

Intel ICH sounds a bit like this:

auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801CA AC-97 Audio
auich0: interrupting at irq 11
auich0: ADS72 codec; headphone, Analog Devices Phat Stereo
audio0 at auich0: full duplex, mmap, independent

This is the onboard audio of a Thinkpad A31. Support exists since NetBSD-1.6,
and there it works with the GENERIC kernel also. Also see auich(4).

You could just try it, but you may fail with the SiS chipset.

--     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX