Subject: Re: lib install problem
To: Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/26/2002 19:19:09
On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 02:06:54PM -0400, Steve Tremblett wrote:
> I need to use libnet to inject ethernet frames to test a networking
> tool I'm writing.  I checked /usr/pkgsrc but the version there is
> outdated so I got the latest version and installed by hand.  Everything
> seems to work ok, but I can't link against the lib no matter what I
> try.  It is a static (".a") lib, if that matters.

What is the actual file called?
If it is xxx/libnet.a you should be able to put the filename
onto the command line (ie no -l and with the 'lib' and '.a').

so:
cc -o program program.o xxx/libnet.a
should work.

ld will (should) look at the type of file you've given it then DTRD.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk