Subject: Re: Sendmail Problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.okt.zwei@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/25/2002 01:55:47
Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> The configuration files was succesfully created, so, when I try
> "/etc/rc.d/sendmail start", nothing happen.

What does '/etc/rc.d/sendmail rcvar' tell you? If it says '$sendmail=NO'
then your /etc/rc.conf lacks the line 'sendmail=YES'.

All the scripts in /etc/rc.d/ take their default values from the file
/etc/defaults/rc.conf (read-only, supplied by the NetBSD installation)
and _then_ overwrite those defaults with anything you put into
/etc/rc.conf. Take a look at the read-only file to see what can be set
in /etc/rc.conf.

ciao
     Klaus