Subject: mclpool error
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim DeLisle <jdelisle@swellsoftware.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/22/2002 14:08:46
Running NetBSD 1.5.2 GENERIC_LAPTOP on NS MediaGX Geode based SBC, I
occasionaly see the following message:

/netbsd: WARNING: mclpool limit reached; increase NMBCLUSTERS

Is this an indication that I need to change something in a config file
and recompile the kernel?

I am using the hardware for a file server and have a small mix of Linux
and Solaris Intel machines using NFS and a couple of Win2K machines
using SMB. The load on the machine is never, in my opinion, stressful,
but once in a while (a day, a week, take bets...) I also sometimes
receive this message and the machine dumps:

privileged instruction fault trap, code=0
stopped in nfsd at    nfsrv_getattr+0x4d0

The machine is a little flakey to begin with (problems booting, etc...)
that I've always attributed to the hardware (Geode's seem to be error
prone).

Thanks,
Jim DeLisle

--
Swell Software, Inc.
Proud Makers of PEG - The Portable Embedded GUI