Subject: Re: USB flash devices on 1.6
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/21/2002 10:33:55 (Steve Bellovin) writes:
> Since I switched to 1.6, I've had a lot of trouble trying to use my
> M-Systems DiskOnKey, a USB flash device.  Very often -- a significant
> majority of the time -- when I plug it in, the system partially
> recognizes it, but doesn't finish:
> umass0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> umass0: M-Systems DiskOnKey, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 2
> umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
> It doesn't go on to say that it's sd0.  If I pop the device out, the
> system will crash.

Exact same symtoms here.  (Only with a umass/sd camera -- Nikon
coolpix 995).

One thing I noticed is that if I boot with the camera in and powered
on then sd0 seems to be detected and all is happy.  Perhaps this will
help someone narrow things down.

The cpu is willing but the powersupply is weak.

spider food:
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)