Subject: Cassiopeia BE-500 and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/20/2002 23:47:42
A friend asked me tonight to help her examine some PDAs at Bic Camera
and give her advice on what to buy. Somewhat foolishly I agreed. She
escaped unscathed, but unfortunately it seems that the prices on the
Casio Cassiopeia (l'agenda) BE-500 have not only dropped to about
US$165, but you get 18% back as points on your point card, too. And, it
comes in a very cool blue colour. (This was the deciding point.)

So I'm sitting here with this thing now wondering what to do with it.
It appears it doesn't boot NetBSD, but I can live with that anyway, as
this is not only lighter than my Clie, but has direct kanji input, which
alone is enough to make me replace my Clie with it. But are there any
tools along the lines of pilot-link that will let me back up my data to
my NetBSD laptop, and maybe even edit and synchronize it?

cjs