Subject: Re: People using VMWare under NetBSD 1.6?
To: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/20/2002 00:56:29
>On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
>> Problem is, when I try to "power on" it complains that it
>> "Could not open /proc/cpuinfo".
>
>First of all, you have to mount /usr/pkg/emul/proc (procfs), and maybe you
>symlink it to /proc. I assume, you did so. And i had the problem you describe,
>which went away after adding some mount option. I hade to boot the box to look
>for the exact stuff, and i don't have the time for this currently, so have a
>look at the manpage of procfs. The option to be added is "linux" or so.

Actually, that was it.  I hadn't mounted the Linux proc file system, just
the NetBSD one.  The fstab string is:

procfs /usr/pkg/emul/linux/proc procfs rw,linux 0 0

And I didn't have to link it to /proc.

Thanks much, I had forgotten about the /usr/pkg/emul tree being the
root of the emulated environments.

>Yes. But besides crashing when starting Win2k, nothing really happens.

Heh, I'm going to start much smaller.  I just need Win95 so I can get
at Word2k.

-Sean