Subject: Re: mozilla: bogus connection refused on NetBSD
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: None <bob@cemetary.homeunix.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/19/2002 15:53:04
--=.HfmE63aJ,0AfyD

On Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:26:51 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 02:39:40AM -0700, Bryan P wrote:
> > This is indeed my problem!  I'm quite surprised and curious; I guess
> > mozilla attempts v6 sockets by default?
>
> I didn't pay too much attention to the in-depth explanation. The
> default is to allow IPv6 sockets to be used for v6 connections only.
> This makes mozilla fail. I suppose it detects v6 availability and then
> unconditionally uses v6 sockets for everything. Which sounds wrong
> (tm) - but I guess Linux allows it ;-)

I noticed this when using pre v1.0 Mozilla - I had an IPv4 only setup
under Linux with no IPv6 in the kernel. I got an IPv6 tunnel and put
IPv6 in the kernel - then when a website had a AAAA record and the IPv6
tunnel was down I was unable to connect to the site. This appeared to
fix itself with v1.0 Mozilla - I still have IPv6 in my Linux kernel but
have temporarily abandoned the IPv6 link, Mozilla still works for sites
that have an AAAA record like www.netbsd.org.

--Andrew

--=.HfmE63aJ,0AfyD

--=.HfmE63aJ,0AfyD--