Subject: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
To: netbsd <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jorge Sanchez Pelaez <beto@ate-os.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2002 16:42:01
hello, I have installed

mysql-client-3.23.49 MySQL, a free SQL database (client)
mysql-server-3.23.49 MySQL, a free SQL database (server)

but I have east error when trying to connect, this to me is what it
shows logs to me:

mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary
or one of the libraries it was linked agaist is corrupt, improperly
built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning
hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail

key_buffer_size=8388600
record_buffer=131072
sort_buffer=2097144
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=100
threads_connected=1
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (record_buffer + sort_buffer)*max_connections = 225791
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok, if not, decrease some variables in the equation

021018 17:03:09  mysqld restarted
/usr/pkg/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

in the network encounter this solution but does not work

If you are using the mysql client, you may specify a bigger buffer by
starting the client with mysql --set-variable=max_allowed_packet=8M.
Other clients have different methods to set this variable

I do not have nor idea to fix the problem.

Thanks