Subject: NetBSD<->wlan<->win95?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/17/2002 16:32:37
Dear List,

I tried to get a win95 laptop talking to NetBSD 1.6 using Lucent
Orinoco WLAN cards.  Neither system can see the other.  I tried
with and without encryption.  NetBSD was in adhoc mode and win95
in peer-to-peer mode (I assume this is the correct mode?).

Two NetBSD systems can talk to each other, but the windoze box
can't see the network at all.

Should this work or is it impossible with the current wi driver?

<whine>
I struggled with the windoze for 7 or 8 hours: Installing it was
a major pain in the brain, updating all kinds of drivers was
another.. and then I just couldn't make WLAN work.  I just hate
windoze, but I can't help using it to run some software..
</whine>

Thanks,

  -jm