Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 or netbsd-1-6-RELEASE?
To: Bryan P <u1@terran.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/17/2002 16:08:11
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:00:04PM -0700, Bryan P wrote:
  | Hello,
  |
  | If I want to track the most recent 1.6 codebase, which tag should I use?
  | It seems that xsrc only has netbsd-1-6-RELEASE, so I would assume that
  | would be the one to use.

netbsd-1-6-RELEASE is the tag for the code that was used to build
"NetBSD 1.6".  xsrc was tagged with this to keep it in sync with
basesrc at the time of the release.

netbsd-1-6 is the branch tag for the "NetBSD 1.6_STABLE" (post NetBSD 1.6)
code.   You should be using this if you want to keep up to date with
the latest fixes to the netbsd-1-6 branch.