Subject: Re: Horrible experience with win/NetBSD in the same disk
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Lista de NetBSD Users <list10@sepc.edu.mx>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/14/2002 12:34:25
On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, David Laight wrote:

> > sd0 at scsibus0 target 5 lun 0: <IBM, DDYS-T36950N, S93E> SCSI3
> 0/direct fixed
>                                                         ^^ > sd1 at
> scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <IBM, DDYS-T36950N, S96H> SCSI3 0/direct
> fixed
>                                                         ^^

Thanks, David.

My adaptec scsi adapter says S93E and S96H are the firmware of
the disks. Searching the string "DDYS-T36950N" in the NetBSD
mailing lists, I found a lot of users with these disks and both
firmware versions. ALL THESE are disks with sizes like my
second disk.

> Looks to me like these disks are actually different!
>
> If you copied the small disk to the large one (including the
> disklabel) it is quite likely that you wouldn't have noticed it.

I meant this: (I like simmetric disks)(after install 1.6 in sd0)
a) run /bin/sh from the sysinst CD
b) mount /dev/sd0a
c) cd /mnt/etc
d) cat /etc/disktab >> disktab    # The "mydisk" entry
e)reboot

Then, when the machine restarts
disklabel -r -w sd1 mydisk
newfs all partitions of sd1
Do you know to format my scsi disk in order to
have the original size?

Thanks a lot

Heron Gallegos