Subject: CF card attachment problem
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/12/2002 13:06:12
Please let me know if this is better directed at port-i386, but I'm
guessing the CF problem is MI.

I am having two problems with pcmcia/cardbus things.
My system is a Thinkpad 600 (2645-41U) running recent (post 1.6)
netbsd-1-6 branch code.  I have successfully used a Lucent Wavelan
Bronze as wi0, without trouble.

I tried to used cardbus but putting the following in my kernel config:

# CardBus bridge support
cbb*            at pci? dev ? function ?
cardslot*       at cbb?

# CardBus bus support
cardbus*        at cardslot?
pcmcia*         at cardslot?

which got me at boot (other stuff omitted):

cbb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1250 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x02)
cbb0: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt
cbb1 at pci0 dev 2 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI1250 PCI-CardBus Bridge (rev. 0x02)
cbb1: NOT USED because of unconfigured interrupt

pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0-0x3e1 iomem 0xd0000-0xdffff irq
pcic0: controller 0 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has sockets A and B
pcic0: controller 1 (Intel 82365SL Revision 1) has no sockets
pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
pcmcia0: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
pcmcia0: CIS info: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01,
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x156, product 0x2
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqpulse irqlevel
wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: port 0x400-0x43faue0 at uhub0 port 1
pcmcia0: card irq 4
 802.11 address [redacted]
wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (7.28.1)
pcmcia0: card irq 4

Am I supposed to specify an interrupt someplace (from 'man cardbus'
and reading GENERIC, it seems not)?  Is this a sign that my hardware
has failed to set up interrupt routing properly?  Should I be doing
some PNPBIOS stuff?  Reading Warner Losh's FreeBSD cardbus code?

My second problem is that I inserted a 64 MB CF card in an adaptor,
both made by Simple Technologies.  These work under FreeBSD 4.6ish on
a Thinkpad 600E.  I didn't get any output from this despite having

options         PCMCIACISDEBUG
options         PCMCIADEBUG

in my kernel.  Any clues?

	Thanks,