Subject: Re: Building mozilla: tips wanted
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/12/2002 03:11:05
--=.wY.og.vZ:sPWA9

Bryan P <u1@terran.org> wrote:

> I am attempting to build mozilla from CVS on a NetBSD-1.6/i386 machine.

> I next looked for
> a mozilla package and didn't find one, so I'm beginning to think it
> really is this much of a pain to build it.

You can use the builds at mozilla.org. They have builds for Linux, FreeBSD
and NetBSD (Mozilla 1.1). I've even experienced that the Linux binary is
slightly but notable faster than the self-compiled one. Disableing
"mailnews" (if you don't need it) and using -O3 helps a little. An ugly
disadvantage of a native compiled Mozilla is you cannot use plug-ins any
longer because they're compiled for Linux. Well, I'm considering to
cross-compile Mozilla for Linux to be able to use some of the plug-ins
(e.g. flashplayer) or just stick to the Linux binary.

Christian

--=.wY.og.vZ:sPWA9

--=.wY.og.vZ:sPWA9--