Subject: Re: samba, netbsd and internal network
To: None <emre@uab.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2002 14:31:33
On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 emre@uab.edu wrote:

> Yeah, it would be nice if samba had that option; to use unix
> authentication instead of its own authentication mechanism.  Maybe such
> thing already exists and im not looking hard enough :D

The Windows clients would have to be changed to support the different
hash.

Anyways with the correct Samba setup, it can automatically keep both
password files in sync (so it doesn't matter).

Also, I believe NIS is available for Windows (MS Services for
Unix and other software) which may be another option. And there is
software for Windows logins to authenticate against RADIUS.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/