Subject: Re: samba, netbsd and internal network
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <emre@uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2002 15:54:43
Once upon a time Manuel Bouyersaid:
> Well, this is another problem. I think it's the "encrypt passwd"
> parameter, or something like that. But you'll have to disable encyption
> on the client side as well (see samba docs for details), and your
> passwd will go plaintext over the wire.

Well, I have about 2000 users on a unix machine, and I want the windows
clients to use the user database on the unix machine (when they try to
access shares on that machine).  I don't want to add every user to the
smbpasswd file.  Or, is there a script that will convert the unix passwd
to a smbpasswd file?
Sorry this is getting a bit off topic...