Subject: Re: samba, netbsd and internal network
To: None <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: None <emre@uab.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/09/2002 15:25:14
Thanks for this excellent tip.  I've found a faster solution.  I listed
the hosts, that I want the firewalled windows machines to see, in their
lmhosts files.  Since I really just want them to see 2 file servers
outside the firewall, it doesn't  matter if machines outside the firewall
can share files with the internal machines.  Now I'm running into some
samba problems.  Does anyone know how to make samba use /etc/passwd
instead of smbpasswd?  I'm using Samba 3.0alpha20.  For 'passdb backend'
i'm using unixsam smbpasswd, but it doesnt seem to work.
Thanks for the help