Subject: 1.6 Install Issues Eventually Resolved
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/08/2002 18:37:01
	After having struggled for over a day installing the 1.6 ISO to my
system I was successful.  Here is what happened,

	I would get to the part where the distribution sets would be unpacked
and would get a segmentation fault when the 'games' set was beginning
to be unpacked.  This was reproducible.

	The MD5 cksum for the ISO checked out.
	I used the ISO to install a full installation on another system.
	I swapped CD-ROM drives in the trouble system, and the same problem
happened.
	I swapped out RAM and the same problem happened.

	I was finally able to install the full installation by installing the
kernel, base, and etc. sets.  I then installed additional sets.
Everything seems fine.  I'm stumped as to what the problem was, if
anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.
	Great system, especially the in-kernel PPPoE support.

Ian P. Thomas