Subject: Re: The best ever
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Sergio Jimenez Romero <TripleDES@eSlack.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/08/2002 23:54:37
--y_u8=.065l0x:o8y

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:50:43 -0400
Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:27:43AM -0400, Joshua Lee wrote:
> > Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > >That's not a solution.  If you need to do 3D work on an Intel/AMD
> > >system right now, nVidia is about the only game in town for the free
> > >UNIX systems.
> >
> > What about ATI and Matrox?
>
> What about them?  Last time I used either, the drivers were pretty slow,
> and there was no 3D acceleration.
>
> I had a half-working Mesa setup on a Matrox, but it was never very smooth.
>
> With Linux and nVidia, it just works.  I hate that because we need
> more alternatives for video cards (I like ATI Radeons better myself),
> and I hate to see this Linux-only stuff starting.  It's as bad as the
> Windows-only situation to me.
>
> --
> UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com

Matrox isn't a card for high 3D work, I've got a G550 and I'm very happy cause I don't need 3D.
But If someone helps this project <http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/index.html> perhaps ATI and Matrox will have better
results in NetBSD, why ? well in TODO list appears "Get NetBSD code merged" and they need help.

--
Do you BSD ?                            |  /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
                                        |  \ / Campaign Against
Gpg key at pgp.rediris.es               |   X  Exchange, Outlook
<TripleDES@eSlack.org>                  |  / \ & HTML Email
HispaBSD - http://www.hipsabsd.org      |