Subject: Re: The best ever
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/08/2002 00:02:38
On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:59:47AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> i'm sure nvidia put a lot of work to prevent this driver works in anything
> other that linux.

They didn't put *any* work into preventing this.

What has not happened is a cross-platform kernel interface they can use.

nVidia is prevented from making sources available for a lot of things
due to licenses from other companies, including I believe, SGI.

> the right solution is not to buy product from company that makes
> binary-only drivers for opensource OSes

That's not a solution.  If you need to do 3D work on an Intel/AMD
system right now, nVidia is about the only game in town for the free
UNIX systems.

This would be fine if there were an alternative, but right now there
isn't one.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com