Subject: Re: The best ever
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/07/2002 23:58:09
On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:13:21PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I don't quite understand this. Graphics are not done by Linux; graphics
> are done by XFree86, which comes with its own drivers, completely

The XFree drivers for nVidia cards are OK, but not very fast.

You can get drivers from nVidia, the company, and they are much faster,
and support full OpenGL acceleration.

They only make drivers for Windows and Linux right now.

There is a FreeBSD nVidia driver project which is supposedly getting
some help from nVidia so that platform can also have better drivers.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com