Subject: Re: Mouse in WindowMaker
To: Pavel Trubl <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/07/2002 09:45:18
On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 08:20:55 +0200
Pavel Trubl <> wrote:

> [sorry about my English]
> Hello,
> I try WindowMaker on NetBSD 1.6. I have Microsoft mouse [2-buttons,
> serial], but it doesn't work. When I run xf86config and set Microsoft
> protocol, then mouse is very sensitive and random fly on desktop with
> random opening menus.
> Mouse is on COM1, I have set /dev/tty00.

This has nothing to do with WindowMaker... If the mouse "random flies",
you have not configured it properly. Try moused(8), like:

moused -p /dev/tty00

This will read serial mouse events and inject them in the wsmouse event
queue. You can then setup X to use the wsmouse protocol, instead of
serial mouse.

HispaBSD admin -
For the developer -
Julio Merino <>