Subject: Re: USB -> PS/2: does it work?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/02/2002 22:33:28
On 2 Oct 2002 15:50:01 -0500, David Laight wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:29:13PM -0400, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
>> David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > I very much doubt as to whether anyone actually makes a USB to
>> > serial converter that would let you plug an old 'non USB aware'
>> > PS/2 keyboard into a USB socket.
>>
>> Actually, such devices are plentiful, and usually let you plug in a
>> PS/2 mouse, too. They show up as USB HID devices and get attached as
>> ukbd and ums and generally work fine, for US$10-20.
>
> The one from kenisis is $59.85
> So my 'gut feel' was wrong - because I didn't think anyone would
> pay that much :-)

iogear guc100km
http://www.iogear.com/products/product.php?Item=GUC100KM
http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=CUSGUC1KM $28.95

We generally use them with kvm switches. They work fine with mbs
that handle usb keyboards. This isn't where we buy them (have to
look it up) but it's about the same price.