Subject: Re: PoPToP and Win9x VPN clients
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/01/2002 22:06:31
Le Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:39:59 -0500
J. Buck Caldwell a écrit :
> Hmm... one note - I'm using a custom kernel, and when I do an 'ifconfig
> -a', all I see are my two network cards ex0: and ex1:, lo0:, and ppp0:
> and ppp1:. Shouldn't I see a gre0:? Seems like I saw that in some
> previous release. I do have gre enabled in my config file, but I don't
> have ip6, sl, strip, faith, or stf enabled. Should I? Is there something
> about gre or ppp that requires one of these other items?

It's normal. gre(4) has changed a bit after the 1.5 branched. It is now a
cloning device. To create a gre tunnel, you first have to create a gre
interface, with 'ifconfig gre0 create'.

Mmm that just reminds me... There's a bug in gre, fixed in -current but
not in 1.6. The fix was checked in back in August, but I guess the release
was too close for a pull-up.

So, to use PoPToP, you have to disable gre in your kernel, or use revision
1.20 of syssrc/sys/netinet/ip_gre.c.

Then, it should work fine.

cube

--
That's how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything
for the swim back.