Subject: Re: in-tree software
To: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/01/2002 12:26:46
On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:19:46 +0200
Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Now that 1.6 is out, I post my question again, maybe someone can answer.
> So, how can I identify on a freshly binary-installed system the files
> needed and only needed by a given software? I mean, how can I compile a
> list of files that belong to the in-tree OpenSSH, OpenSSL, Sendmail,
> BIND, or anything similar, that has a pkgsrc version also?

I don't know about 1.6, but in current there is syspkg (src/distrib/syspkg/sets).
syspkg splits sets up in different tgz packages, to install them independantly,
so... well, you may want to look at the PLIST's included there to see which
files are included in each package.

> Specifically, I'm interested in how to uninstall them without the risk
> of removing something that may hurt other parts of the system. And I
> mean not just deactivating, but physically removing them.

Some parts can be disabled when building. See mk.conf(5).

Regards

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org
For the developer - http://buildtool.sourceforge.net