Subject: in-tree software
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/01/2002 11:19:46
Hi!

Now that 1.6 is out, I post my question again, maybe someone can answer.
So, how can I identify on a freshly binary-installed system the files
needed and only needed by a given software? I mean, how can I compile a
list of files that belong to the in-tree OpenSSH, OpenSSL, Sendmail,
BIND, or anything similar, that has a pkgsrc version also?

Specifically, I'm interested in how to uninstall them without the risk
of removing something that may hurt other parts of the system. And I
mean not just deactivating, but physically removing them.

thx
mortee