Subject: Re: KDE and Xsession
To: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@liveround.com>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2002 14:16:32
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, J. Buck Caldwell wrote:

> how to interperet the Xsession file itself. How does one go about making
> KDE the default window manager for a user?

If using xdm (or similar), then a user can have an executable ~/.xsession
file that is ran. When using startx, a ~/.xinitrc file is sourced.

Anyways, with these files, a user could have the X clients and other stuff
to run (or set). (In my .xsession or .xinitrc, I set my NNTPSERVER
variable, load some extra fonts with xset, and start a few clients in the
background (&) before starting the blackbox window manager.)

To start KDE, it could have:

exec startkde

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed